Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Thankful Day Three

I am thankful for two things in today's post: food and health.

Although the morning sickness is preventing me from enjoying food these days, I am still thankful that we have it. We live in a very urban area and we have our share of homeless people hanging out on nearby street corners. Every time I see a homeless person holding up a sign asking for help because they are hungry, I say a little prayer for them and thank God that I have plenty to eat. And tonight, as I was putting away our dinner's leftovers, I had a hard time fitting it all in the refrigerator due to the abundance of Thanksgiving goodies. How many people in this world would LOVE to have this problem?

I am also thankful for not only my health, but that of my family and friends. Neither of our children has battled anything worse than a cold/ear infection and other than my OB visits, Ryan and I rarely have the need to see a doctor. Our families and friends have had some minor medical scares, but nothing catastrophic or life threatening and for that, I am truly thankful.

It's amazing how thankful I am for the most basic needs. Who needs a ton of material things when you've got the love of a fantastic family, food and your health?

No comments:

Post a Comment