Monday, November 10, 2008

And the Award Goes to....

....Evan.

What award is that, you ask?

Why it's the "Crappiest Sleeper in America" award.

I know I whined about it before, but it has gotten so much worse the last couple of nights. We have no idea what is going on with him, but he just will not go to sleep. Or stay asleep.

There's the screaming. Nothing calms him down and he screams. And screams. And then screams some more. Saturday night/Sunday morning, he screamed for an entire hour. It didn't just seem like an hour, it was an hour - I watched the clock. He didn't have a fever, he wasn't gassy and I can't feel any little teeth buds along his little gums so we have no idea what was going on.

And he insists on touching either our faces or hands while he's sleeping; as long as there is skin to skin contact then he'll snooze until he's hungry (which is still every 3-4 hours at night). Ryan wound up sleeping on the couch last night so that Evan could sleep with me. I pretty much had a baby's hand on my face all night long. It sounds cute, but it's a little hard to sleep that way. That just may be me, though. You might be able to sleep with someone's hand on your face and if you can, please share with me how that doesn't make you feel a bit claustrophobic.

We're pretty much at our wits' end with the kid. He was baptized yesterday (pictures coming soon once my camera cooperates) and I briefly thought last night, "It would not look good for me to smother my baby after I just promised in front of God and the entire church to protect him his entire life." (And before you call Child Protective Service, I would never, ever, ever do this.) So, he's still alive, but I'm about to drop over dead from the sleep deprivation.

Anyway, I just needed to whine some more. I keep telling myself that I just have to get through this and reminding myself that he will eventually sleep through the night. Until then, I'll just have to find happiness in something other than sleeping. In fact, I think I'll do that right now by eating one of the cupcakes left over from Liam's birthday party. I might even eat two of them. I think I deserve it at this point.

No comments:

Post a Comment