Tuesday, November 4, 2008

I Voted, Did You?

Photobucket

Have you voted? If not, put down the computer and go right now. Seriously...go right now. All of your e-mail and blogs will still be there when you get back.

OK, now that you're back.....

My all important "I Voted" sticker has a skull next to it because I voted early last Friday. And because I voted on Halloween, I got to vote next to an Indiana Jones look alike. I bet no one else can say that!

I took all three kids with me because what else am I going to do with them I want them to learn how important voting is. And true to form, we had some Sydney-isms.

As we were walking in, she asked if I had to raise my hand to vote. The man passing us on the sidewalk chuckled. I explained that too many people were voting to do that so I was going to use a machine and punch some buttons instead.

As we were leaving, she declared in a very loud voice, "I hope Barack Obama wins!" (She's seen him on TV - Ryan and I don't discuss politics in front of her). The man walking in to the polling location thought that was rather funny.

And she told me yesterday that her school has a mock election and that she voted for John McCain and Sarah Palin. She didn't really tell me why, but I think it's because she liked the SNL Sarah Palin skit that she caught a glimpse of on the news. The little boy that gets off at the same bus stop as Sydney told me he used the "Eeny Meeny Miney Moe" method to decide. I have a feeling he's not the only one who uses that approach.

Anyway, I hope you vote/voted. And I hope your "I Voted" sticker is just as cute as mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment