Sunday, November 23, 2008

Shopping Scenarios

Scenario #1: I used to have grocery shopping down to a science. I would go on Tuesday mornings because there are light crowds, the shelves are restocked from the weekend and I only have one kid with me due to school/preschool. Well, Tuesday mornings aren't working so well with Evan's schedule, so I have to find a new plan.

Scenario #2: I started going Monday or Tuesday evenings after dinner. Again, stocked shelves, light crowds and NO kids. But last week, a woman got mugged in the store while I was there, too. I heard the whole thing. So shopping at night is out.

Scenario #3: I went this afternoon to give Sundays a try. Maybe it was the fact that I was in a hurry or that everyone else in The Land of Fruit was doing their Thanksgiving shopping, but it was horrible. The aisles were packed and the shelves were almost bare and traffic was so bad it took me 30 minutes to get home when it should have taken me ten.

So, when do you go shopping? Do you take your kids and if so, how do you keep your sanity? Do you do a week's worth of shopping at one time or do you break it up into segments? Inquiring minds want to know.

No comments:

Post a Comment