It's the second day of NaBloPoMo and I'm already out of ideas. How sad is that?
So, I'll steal an idea off of another blog I read. She posts her menu for the week and I've found a few great things for us to eat. Of course, there is an official "Menu Monday" site that you're supposed to link to if you want to use their cute little badges, but I'm not tech savvy enough to figure it all out, so I'll just skip the cute badge and linky stuff.
Since I usually grocery shop on Thursdays, my list will not start on Monday, but "Menu Thursday" doesn't have that cute alliterative ring to it.
Thursday: Pork sandwiches (the pork was left over from earlier in the week), fruit salad
Friday: Ten Bean Soup (a store-bought mix), cornbread muffins
Saturday: Chicken Quesadillas
Monday: Slowcooker Southwest Chicken Casserole over rice
Tuesday: Lasagna, salad, breadsticks
Wednesday: Chicken tacos
A few side notes:
* I almost always fix something in the slow cooker on Mondays since Sydney has gymnastics after school and we don't get home until after 5 pm.
* We eat a vegetarian dinner once a week.
* I'll post a link to a recipe I've found online, but if there is no link or recipe listed below, then it's something easy or something I've made so often that I don't need a recipe.
* You might have noticed that Sunday is missing from the list. It's a tradition for us to eat popcorn, fruit and cheese cubes in front of the TV on Sunday nights. We eat at the kitchen table the other six nights of the week.
Slow-Cooker Southwestern Chicken Casserole
3 chicken breasts, thawed but raw
16 oz. salsa (any variety)
1 can black beans
16 oz. frozen corn
1 clove garlic, chopped
1 tsp cumin
1 pkg cream cheese (I use lowfat or Neufchatal)
rice or egg noodles
1. Mix 8 oz. salsa, black beans, corn, garlic and cumin in a bowl. Spread on bottom of slow cooker.
2. Place chicken breasts on top. Pour remaining salsa on top of them.
3. Cover and cook on low for 6-7 hours.
4. Remove chicken, shred it and place it back in the mixture. Cube cream cheese and place it in the mixture.
5. Once the cream cheese has blended in, serve the casserole over rice or egg noodles.
Despicable Me 3 Available Now
2 months ago