This week I am thankful for:
* trees with leaves that change color. Someday I'm going to take a vacation in the fall to a place that has a lot of these trees.
* caffeine, in the form of Coke. I'm not a big coffee fan.
* all of the sweet people who have wished Liam a happy birthday.
* bottles of bubbles. I love how something so simple can entertain a child for hours on end.
* two boys who will play together without fighting. It doesn't happen often, but when it does, it's like heaven on earth.
* my tireless washing machine and dryer.
* Liam's inhaler. I don't know what we'd do without it.
* the antique furniture that I've inherited through the years. I hope it survives long enough (see reference to boys a few lines above) for Sydney to inherit. (I'm pretty sure the boys won't care :) ).
* Evan's blossoming vocabulary. Just yesterday he said "go" and "Sydney." I've never seen Sydney smile so big before. He's now up to about 40 words.
* my sweet husband who secretly ordered a pair of black leather, knee high boots for me nine months ago when my cheap old pair of black boots wore out. They arrived yesterday evening (they'd been on back order that long since I have a very small foot) and they are absolutely fantastic. Pointed toes, two inch heels....I'm in heaven. I'll be wearing them around the house to break them in the next couple of weeks. Just imagine me folding laundry or vacuuming in them!
Two Weeks Later
4 weeks ago