Friday, November 20, 2009

Parrots

I'm always amazed at the things that come out of my kids' mouths. Unfortunately, some of the things they say are just repeats of what I've said. Talk about your words coming back to bite you in the rear end!

From Sydney:

"Evan James! You know better than that!"

"Liam - I don't hear the whiny voice."

"Liam, how would you like it if I did that to you? Not so much fun, now is it?"

"Ugh. I wish those boys would be quiet! My head hurts."

_____________

From Liam:

"Aw, man!"

"Evan, no! One.....two.....three. No, sir!"

"Go room, Evan!"

"Not nice, Sydney!"

"Only have two hands, Mommy." (Because I often tell them I only have two hands when they clearly can see I'm doing something [like carrying laundry or pouring drinks] and they ask me to do something else [like assemble Legos or pick them up]).


It could be worse, I guess. But it's become pretty apparent that they do in fact listen to what I say. Sometimes, at least.

2 comments:

  1. I love it! Pattie even tells Jayme, "Daddy NO MA'AM!! You go room!" Cracks me up every time. I don't know where she got the go room part because I don't send them to their rooms, but it is hilarious when she says No Ma'am to the boys.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh gosh, my kids do that all the time. Addy has started calling poor Eli "Elias MAREK!" almost constantly lately. Poor boy. And she also is always saying, "Just a minute/second! I'm coming!" Which, uh, is also something she hears a lot of.

    ReplyDelete