Thursday, November 19, 2009

Thankful Thursday

This week I'm thankful for:

* Awesome blogging buddies who let me know that I'm not alone in my parenting dilemmas.
* No mention of a transfer to Sao Paolo at the meeting Ryan attended in NYC this week.
* Yummy autumn recipes that contain pumpkin and/or cranberries.
* The little alarm in my van that tells me when I have a tire with low pressure (I just wish it would tell me which tire).
* My sweet sister and brother-in-law who helped me figure out how to check the pressure in my tires (since Ryan was in NYC).
* The patience to do the checking and fill the low tires in fifty degree temperatures with two unhappy boys trapped in their car seats. You wouldn't believe how excited I was when I started the van and the little alarm went off! I almost wanted to shout Liam's new phrase, "Do it self!!"
* The sweet little lady who played peek-a-boo with Evan while I had the van inspected.
* The new Train song, "Soul Sister." I don't know why, but it always puts me in a good mood.
* The great Toys 'r Us sale that let me pick up four board games for $12 and a cool Wii game for Sydney for 50% off. Score!
* The joy in Sydney's eyes as we read through her baby book together.
* Evan's little kisses.
* Liam's new found love of helping - "I helping you, Mommy!"

3 comments:

  1. Love "Do it self!"! I think I might start saying that. Adults just don't get to herald their own achievements like toddlers, do they? Whatta shame.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Addy loves to look through their baby books too. It makes me UNBELIEVABLY happy that all my hard work was totally worth it and that my kids do, in fact, appreciate and enjoy hearing and seeing the story of themselves!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahhh.. nice to know you had a fine day and so much to be thankful for. Sweet moments with the kids when they are less active.

    ReplyDelete